Changing the order in which instruments are listed?

LD Peter L

Is there some place to change the order of the list of instruments and symbols in a Spotlight drawing?

When I setup an inventory report, I would like to be able to put the instruments in a logical sequence. Also for the key to instrumentation, I would like to see all Source 4 ellipsoidals, in beam order, then Pars, etc. They seem to come up in a random order (probably the order I first added the instruments to a drawing 5 years ago ...?).

It would also be great if I could get a sensible order in the "replace instruments" command?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by LD Peter L

Thanks for the plug. I developed the Savvy Symbol Key after some similar discussion on another thread. It should meet all your key to instrumentation wishes.

I'm not aware of any means of storing an order for instrument types that would allow you to sort your worksheet. I think this is one of those cases where Lightwright is best when you want to be specific about reports.

-Josh