SPACE TOOL/Space Planning

Ok so I already have recived some great feedback on this board and Im looking for a bit more. Im curretly working in 2011. I have a a building with multiple rooms. I have used the space tool under the SPACE PLANNING toolset. I was able to trace each room to generate each space. Then I placed lights in each space. From there I tried to create a report that would show me how many lights are in each space. The issue Im having is it seems I can only generate a report for all lights and another for all rooms. I cannot figure out how to create a report that will tell me HOW MANY LIGHTS are in EACH room. Right now I can only get a seperate count on lights and a seperate count on rooms. Ive attached a picture for clarification.

Im not following? I see where you have the spaces on the seperate design layer. I guess Im asking is it possible to create a report that will tell me for example

room 1 has 3 lights with 6 bulbs.

Room 2 has 4 lights with 8 bulbs.

I was under the impression you could create a report that would tell you what items are in what spaces?

After creating the location geometry click the Data tab of the OIP.

Enter the name of the room in the top field.

That name will work for a location call of anything inside the boundary of that object.

for example =COUNT(LOC='room name') will return the number of objects inside the room.

=COUNT((S='fixture symbol name') & (LOC='room name')) will return all the fixture symbols called "fixture symbol name" within the boundary of the "room name" object.

You can add a nested symbol for the lamps and count those or simply multiply the fixture count to get the lamp count ...

Let me know if that doesn't answer your questions.

hth

mk