2011 Crash

bell

Greetings, all.

I have searched the forum here and have not found a topic relating to my problem. I did find the long "splash screen" page, but this might be different. Either way. Please advise.

[COMPUTER]

Microsoft XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

1.73GHz Processor

[sOFTWARE]

VectorWorks Fundamentals, Spotlight 2011

Serice Pack 2

Build 135291

Quicktime 7.6

I am not new to VectorWorks, but, I have just updated from 11. Big jump. However, I do not know everything about the software, even back in VW11.

I have had my IT Manager install the software (and he is meticulous about his network), so I'm not worried about a mis-install, but I wouldn't rule it out.

[iSSUE]

After the splash screen finishes (shows build number and version, et al) the program closes immediately. Not "shutting down" just closing. Before downgrading to QT 7.6, I was running the most up-to-date version. Using this version, I was able to run VW2011 for a few minutes before it would freeze and crash. I noticed it after editing my workspace tools. After dragging a tool set into the palatte side of the editor the program would freeze then crash. I decided to let the program sit open without touching anything, no buttons nor menus. After about a minute: freeze, crash.

[ERROR SIGNATURE]

szAppName : Vectorworks2011.exe

szAppVer : 16.0.2.0

szModName : hungapp

szModVer : 0.0.0.0

offset : 00000000

[ERROR REPORT SENT]

C:\DOCUME~1\Bell\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9eef.dir00\Vectorworks2011.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Bell\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9eef.dir00\appcompat.txt

Any information on this would be helpful. Thank you.

Michael Bell

Edited by bell
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Michael,

If you have not done so already, I would contact technical support. They will be able to get you going again.

The only simple thing to do first is to delete the Vectorworks user data folder in case the problem is with a bad workspace or a saved setting.