Windows not 'inserting' into wall

I'm suddenly having a problem where a window won't 'insert' into a wall properly. Previously, when I inserted a window, the wall lines would turn red and it seemed like the wall 'sucked' the window into location. Now, nada.

A second problem is that when windows would be inserted in walls and I go to render an elevation, all that appears is the jamb, sill and head (essentially the window frame) and none of the other details would appear (such as awnings or sashes, etc.). It's as if those elements of the window are being obscured by the wall.

Does anyone have any suggestions for solving my problem?

Thanks a lot!

In both the 2D selection tool and the symbol insertion tool there is an option button in the Mode bar to toggle the Wall Insertion mode.

With it turned on you can insert or drag symbols into walls. With it turned off, symbols can not be added or removed from walls.

You probably have gotten this turned off accidentally.

IN VW2011 the icon looks like a windown in a wall with a ghost image out of the wall and a vertical double arrow pointing between them.