Fit Walls to Roof

Horst M.

Hallo,

I'm working on a 3d Model for a Venue with Gable Roof on top of a Gable Roof (sorry, I didn't find the correct Term, but there is an image attached) to make the Walls fit the Roof,

tried the "Fit Walls to Roof Command, and found the Programm getting Stuck (Beachball turning more than 15 minutes) and I had to terminate VW with the OSX command.

The same in 2010 and 2011

The Roof and the Wall(s) were on the same layer, and I indicatetd the Layer of the Roof faces for the "Fit Walls to Roof..." Command

When copied I just the Roof faces and the Walls to a blank file, and Tried again it worked.

Any Idea why?

Good guess!

I put the Roof faces on an extra Layer containig nothing else and it works!

The extra roof layer makes some sense, as the Comand doesn't ask for the Roof face object itself, and starts as a brave little App to figure out to which geometrie on the Layer the wall could be fit... :-)

So may be during the Beach Ball Time, the Programm was not stuck, but trying hard to match the wall under some of the 327 Chairs or whatever.

Thanks for the Input, saving me Copy and Paste Time between Files!

Edited by Horst M.