UNABLE TO EDIT OLD FILE IN VW 2011. Please help!

Hi,

I have a file that was created in VW 10, that was opened in VW 2011. I cannot seem to edit anything in this file now. I have made sure all the layers and classes are turned on, but still it says object are unable to be edited. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!!

Lindsey

Edited by Linds

Is it locked?

Is it an object you drew or are you using the VW Drawing Border object to put in the title block?

Can you select it? If so, what kind of object does the OIP (Object Info Palette) say it is?

If you can't select it try right clicking (control clicking on Mac) on it and choose Force Select. This will change the active layers/classes to make it selectable.

It is not locked as I tried clicking on unlock and nothing new happened. I cannot select it even when using force select. When I scroll over it, it kinda becomes orange like it is highlighted. i didn't do the drawing originally, so I don't know if the title block was drawn using VW Drawing Border. Is there a way to tell that? I haven't used this version before and I haven't used actual VW in a while, so thank you for your help and patience.

Lindsey

OK, I figured it out.

It looks like this file started out in a pre-VW12 version. The title block is an old version that is not compatible with VW2011 and needs to be updated.

Go to Tools: Utilities:Update Plugin Objects. Check the option for drawing borders and click OK. You will get a new drawing border sitting over the old one.

Select the new drawing border and click the Title Block button in the OIP. Navigate up to the Defaults folder in the dialog box that opens and choose the Spotlight Simple Title Block and click OK.

Go back to the OIP and set the Title Blk Scale Factor to 0.5. You can also check the Lock to Page Center check box to move it to the correct location and make sure it stays there.

Now you will have a title block that looks like your old one but you will still need to type in the correct information and delete the old title block.