Viewport Update Failure - Help!

I can't get building elevation viewports to update in my current file. The hidden line rendering quits near the end leaving me with a wireframe and a message: "One or more operations failed due to lack of memory."

According to "About this Mac" my 5 GB of RAM is recognized and working.

I've done whatever computer maintenance I can think of: system management control reset; p-RAM; Cookies; Cache Folders; sudo periodic with Terminal; permissions; and liberating some hard drive space.

If I go back to an older archive file, I can get the viewports to update.

If I need to go back to the older file and start from there, I'lI have to recreate a lot of work, with no guarantee that this won't happen again.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Will

Hello,

Thanks for the responses.

Vincent, I extracted some of my texture images, and they were all 12kB or less. I don't think I have any unusual textures in the file.

Horst, my project file size has remained steady at around 130MB (in the past, this file has been around 170MB when it had two buildings in it, but it still generated the viewports).

Thanks again, and... any more thoughts?...

Will

Update... I seem to have isolated the problem to a pair of symbols: a bathroom from a previous building that I duplicated to create two new bathrooms for this building. If I delete one, it still fails. If I delete the other, VW crashes. If I delete both, the viewports update as expected. (My bathrooms are symbols so that I can work on them in their own space, free of the rest of the building. As such, they are symbols that consist mostly of hybrid symbols). Un-grouping the bathrooms and re-saving them as new symbols didn't help, and I haven't been able to isolate the particular symbols within them that are causing the problem. So, I guess I will re-create the bathrooms from scratch; hopefully that will work... definitely better than having to go back several files into the archive...