DLVP & SVP

Not sure if what I am trying to do is possible but I think it should be.

I have two files, one file contains the building shell (file A), and the other contains the proposed fit out (file B).

The reason I have created two files is because the File A is not going to change, yet file B is going to have many different options.

The way I have done it so far is each option in File B has its own layer, and on that layer is a DLVP referenced through to File A. this enables File B to be nice and clean, and only have the proposed work in it, and not have to worry about the existing building shell elements. It has worked out quite well so far and preformed just as expected.

However I now wish to cut some sections through some options, and have the building shell appear in the section, however it only shows the elements in File B, and nothing shows up from File A. Interestingly when you go back to the design layer of B, and go into a 3D view, sometime the DLVP shows its 3D and sometime it doesn't.

Hope that made sense, any one got any clues into if it should be working, or am I expecting to much.

- to get around it as I couldn't wait and my boss needed the section, I just combined the two files, now the File B has File A in it an it seems cluttered with all the extra class's/layers.

It sounds like the Class containing the referenced DLVP may be turned off in the Sheet Layer Viewport for the section.

Out of curiosity, are there both Screen Plane and Layer Plane objects in the reference along with 3D objects?

Kevin

Not a class issue as even if I turn every class on in the SVP and the DLVP it still only shows items from File B

So by people offering solutions I assume what it should be doing what I expect of it?

Ok not to sure why I didn't do this first, but I just created two basic files from scratch , and just put an extruded square in each and then did what I was trying to achieve and it worked, so must be something with my files that I'm using.

Handy to know that it can be done though, cheers.