Spotlight Lighting Device Edit Script

Anyone know how I can alter the Lighting Device plugin, more directly the script of it. I have pushed the limits as far as altering names and fields and now require access to referencing data which I believe is inside the script for the lighting device itself.

Anyone have a work around / ideas?

Cheers,

J

James,

The Lighting Device plug-in's code is locked and protected. You can, however, create scripts that interact with the plug-in.

Perhaps you can give us an idea of what you are specifically trying to do. A solution may exist that does not require you to alter the plug-in (or build your own).

-Josh

Certainly Josh, I want to access the referencing function that occurs when a lamp is inserted onto a position.

When the lamp is placed it automatically 'knows' the name of the position, I would like it to 'know' some other information as well upon insertion, for example I have added some circuitry data to my Lighting Position and would like the lamp placed upon them to know what generic circuit it belongs to.

I can only presume that this piece of code is contained within the Lighting Device. Any ideas would be great.

Cheers,

J

James,

You are correct that the action triggered by the Lighting Device's insertion or move is part of the object's locked code.

You can write a script that looks through all your lighting devices, gets the position name, looks up information attached to that position, then adds it to a field in the LD. You would, however, need to run the script manually, like a refresh command.

-Josh