Update plant symbol

Uli

Hi,

how do you update a plant symbol when you made some corrections in the plant definition. I did not get an update in the drawing at once and I always have to take the corrected plant from the recource browser again so that I can see the changes I made in the plant definition or in the plant tag. I hope you can understand what I am trying to do, I want to make changes in the plant definition and see it at one in all plants of the same definition in the drawing.

Regards

Uli

• 2 weeks later...

I found this in the manual.

"Edits to the 2D or 3D components immediately affect all instances of the symbol. Changes to the plant definition affect all future instances of the plant."

So how do you works if you made some modifications, do you place the plants once again? I was not able to replace the plant when I make slight corrections in the Plant Definition i.e. change the Tick Style.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's a problem! I will look into it further. I had imagined that the Replace Plant button on the OIP would allow you to replace the instance with the same plant which would adopt the new definition. But it doesn't change the attributes. I will delve further.