Clear Door Glazing

Skia_D

So, I've "upgraded" to 2010, Architect without Renderworks, and whereas before I could get glazing in doors to be transparent via the "View / Parts" method, setting Interior and Exterior Panels to None class, phone tech support tells me I can no longer do this. All I'll get is a solid "panel" instead of pretend transparent glass.

Is this right? If so, bummer for me! And a ridiculous thing to do on Nemetschek's part.

Any workarounds? Kind of a pain to want to model a 4-panel sliding door to illustrate the outdoor views?kind of makes a room feel claustrophobic, y'know?

Can the glazing be clipped out somehow?

Edited by Skia_D

Jonathan,

Just to clarify, is your response, re: the texture, assuming having Renderworks?

Regarding windoor, yeah, I looked at that. Looks great, but alas I couldn't see justifying the extra expense for the small company that I am and the very rare occasion for needing something that standalone VW can't handle. Larger volume companies ought to be all over that software!