Installing C4D plug-in

Hallo,

There is a description in the Help System of C4d.

A description of the installation is also part of the download for the VW2009 plugin from the Maxon Website

http://www.maxon.net/de/downloads/updates-co/updates/plugins.html

Even though the plugin is new for VW2010, the installation process is somehow the same, as it was for VW2009.

1. unzip the plugin file

2. move the export-...-.dll and the -...-.qtr File to your VW 2010 plugin folder

3. integrate the export_c4d command in your current VW2010 Workspace

Edited by Horst M.

Hi,

do you know if the plugin for VW 2009 is running in 2010. I bought the plugin when it came out some years ago and the hotline of cinema told me that they don't sell it seperatly anymore. So do you know if the VW 2009 plugin update is free and if it works with VW 2010 and Cinema 4d R11.

Regards

Uli

The problem is that I don't know how to integrate the plug in. I have the files Cinema4D_Export_VW2010_US in both .dll and .qtr, but I don't know how to use them. I tried opening them with vw and I tried opening the files in notepad and putting them in the script for the plug-in but to not success.

Edit: I don't know for sure, but it is listed as an exchange plug in under the vw2010 folder

Edited by The Claw

@Ulli:

The Plugin is now distributed with the C4d Updater.

I don't know if it is available for C4d11.

The Plugin for Version for VW2010 is Part of the R11.53 update, and can be found in the Exchange Plugins folder of C4d 11.5. well hidden waiting to be used....

My first check with my current Workfile it seems to be Ok.

The Major difference to previous Plugins seems to be that Camera's can't be exported to C4d anymore.

The field to select the Camera Export is gone, and if they are not switched of in the drawing VW2010 will crash during the export.

After I switched of the Camera Class the export went well and, for the first impression, very fast.

@The Claw

You have to Copy the Cinema4D_Export_VW2010_US.dll and .qtr to the

plugin Folder in the Programm Folder of your VW2010 directory.

I'm sorry that I can't describe that better, because I'm using OSX on Mac...

Then you have to start VW2010 and Edit your current Workspace

The "Edit Workspace" process is well discribed in the VW Help section.

Cinema_4d_export is listed as a new a Menu Command in the Workspace Editor when you start VW2010 after you draged the Files to the plugin folder.

Edited by Horst M.
The problem is that I don't know how to integrate the plug in. I have the files Cinema4D_Export_VW2010_US in both .dll and .qtr, but I don't know how to use them. I tried opening them with vw and I tried opening the files in notepad and putting them in the script for the plug-in but to not success.

Once you have placed the .dll and .qtr files in the VW plug-in folder(s) you have to add them to your workspace through the workspace editor, you should now be able to find the C4D commands/tools amoung the commands/tools on the left in the workspace editor....drag them to the right and place them where you want to have them in your present workspace.......

Edited by Vincent C