can't save DXfs

I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.5.8.

I just tried to export a DXF and the default file destination shows up as 'Contents'. Even if I create a new folder on the desktop and attempt to save the DXF I get this error message-

"iMac:Applications:Vectorworks 2008.app:Contents:MacOS-dwg

This file already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?"

I can't find a saved file anywhere, not even in Spotlight.

How can fix this as in Mac OS Tiger I could save PDFs quite easily.

AJ

As I've still got VW 11 on the hard drive I exported a VW 11 version of my drawing while in VW2008. I then closed '08 and opened the drawing in VW11. I could then export a DXF quite normally. It's a workaround but obviously it would be better to sort out VW2008. It must be something to do with a glitch as every time it tries to save the file to Contents wherever/whatever that is?!

AJ

The Contents folder is actually INSIDE the Vectorworks application (FYI, all applications on Macs are actually a Bundle [Folder] with different stuff inside).

Try going into your user folder

User:Settings:DWG_DXF and delete any XML files you find there.

Also, go to your Vectorworks Preferences and hit the Reset button to delete your current preference file. It will be recreated, but you will need to reset them to your liking.

If that does not do it, Can you click the arrow next to the Save As: data entry box (in the Export to DWG Folder dialog box) and then navigate to a different location to save the exported file?

Thanks Pat, I did indeed find an XML file in the Settings folder.I trashed it but moving on to the preferences, I Reset them but the error message I got was that the factory default preferences could not be found, and to reinstall VW.

Re save to an alternative location, I tried before posting and it still doesn't work.

I thought if I found the Contents folder in VW that I could at least locate the DXF and trash it, but I can't see that folder.

Cheers, Andrew