Key to Instrumentation in a Sheet Layer

Jonathan K

Is there a simple way to scale the key down when placing on a scaled sheet layer?

I just started using the drawing border tool and I would love to "attach" the key to the title block for a smoother looking document. Problem is I cannot find a decent way to reduce to scale the block down to the sheet layer scale. It always draws in my design layer scale and resizing fails miserably. I guess I could just do a viewport of the key.

Not a big deal to create my own. Just seems like there should be an easier way.

Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Sheet layers are always at a 1:1 scale of if you place an instrument directly on the sheet layer it will be shown at actual size.

If you want the key to be part of the title block you will have to create your own and manually scale the instruments.

You can also place the instruments in the annotation layer of the Viewport and they will take on the scale of the viewport.

I usually do as Matt suggests, make a viewport (usually a cropped viewport) of just the instrument key and place it on the sheet layer.