Lights not behaving in FQRW

JeffPPI

Hi All,

I have to be doing something wrong.

The first image file (good light.png) is what I want from the light.

The second (bad light.png) is what I'm getting.

The first image is from a file with just the light, the stage, and the person.

The second image is from the file that contains everything, which I'd like to use for my renderings.

I would think that I'm missing something, but nothing about the settings of any of the objects has changed, only there's alot more objects in the second image, though none of them are turned on.

both images are FQRW.

Also, the light in the image shown is a Source 4 Par. The beam drawn is an accurate representation of what the beam of a source 4 par looks like. The beam of light rendered, however, is round, whereas the light from a S4 Par is oblong, like the beam drawn. I;'ve checked all the beam angle settings in the OIP, and they match a S4 Par WFL.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

I'm also posting this in the Renderworks Forum.

thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Jeff,

Turn off "Draw Beam"

Draw Beam creates real geometry and is casting a shadow.

Since you are using an older version, look at the origin of the light (and the origin of the "Draw Beam"). It's probably coming from the insertion point of the light (the c-clamp). The lighting position is probably blocking the light.

The beams will be round when rendered unless you edit the light and assign a distribution file to the light.