2010 and SP1

michael john williams

Question

I am trying to install VW 2010 on my second pc. The first installation on our first pc went fine and the SP1 updated AND installed ok. The installation of VW2010 on the second pc went ok but the SP1 updater refuses to install. We have tried several times. Removed and reinstalled 2010 but it still has not worked. I attach the updater log and request any assistance ASAP.

Edited by jkelly

5 answers to this question

If you haven't since then, could you try running this again? I can see no reason for this not to complete. We did have a short period of down time the other day for our server, so perhaps that was the cause of this.

Thanks for the removal and responding.

Disappointed that we have had no local support / response to our problem emailed to them some 5 days ago. As we now have to do local with our technical queries rather than go to NNA direct we see this as a bit of a failing.

We have tried running it again.

We tried from the SP1 file downloaded onto the first pc and that worked on the first pc and that did not work on the second pc.

We tried downloading direct from the web onto the second pc and that did not work.

How should we proceed.

Remove SP1 and download again?

Remove 2010 and SP1 and install / download again?

Ah, okay. I see what's going on here. Looks like you actually exposed a bug in the updater's serial number parsing. You were entering your serial number with an I in it instead of a 1 in the second set of six characters.

The validation code accepts an I instead of a 1 but the updater code does not make the correction, so when it went to validate it against our server it send the version you entered, leading to the error.

So re-enter with the 1 instead of the I, and I will fix this bug so this doesn't happen again.

I apologize that this caused you such inconvenience.