Worksheet Schedule in target file...

...does not work. I have a target file for ceilings and light fixtures. The fixtures are symbols in the reference file and have data attached. In the target file I have a worksheet light schedule that is looking for all items with a record value equal to the CSI number on the symbols, but it is drawing a blank. Any tips?

Jim (et al),

The problem is in the use of DLVP referencing and custom symbols and records.

When a user references a file from a source into a target, using the DLVP "true" referencing method, all resources of the source file are hidden from the user's view and interaction. However, plug-in objects are able to automatically reconcile themselves in this setup. Any custom resources, like user-defined symbols and record formats, remain hidden.

If a user wants to create a multi-file setup, where the target document contains the database worksheet counting the objects in the reference sources, then the use "old style" layer import method of referencing is suggested. It creates a linked copy of all the source data in the target file (making it larger) and exposes all of the referenced resources as italicized strings in the various resource lists (classes, layers, resource browser-symbols, etc.). These resources are no longer invisible to the user and should be able to be counted using a Database Worksheet's Set/Edit Criteria command.

Obviously we need to provide a better officially supported option for users which may include options in the Set/Edit Criteria of the Database Worksheets to actually search inside DLVP style referenced sources.

Let's hear the votes for OR against such an option.

Jeffrey- Thanks for the assistance. I say yes to any updates to allow user to access data in DLVP's. There is always the opportunity to use custom symbols (in my case) that will need to be 'found'.

The light fixture objects seem to be lacking record formats and data, that we cannot access for schedules.