Adding up ceiling areas?

nering

Is there a way to quickly add up ACT ceiling areas?

I tried creating a schedule, but there is no record for area? Wouldn't it be good to have a similar record list attached to ceiling grid tool, as in case of spaces? Auto-calc areas, etc.?

VW2009 doesn't even add up the ceiling grid areas if you select them by layer (I have 12 floors to deal with), Object Info only shows area of one ceiling grid :(

Maybe I am missing something very obvious...

Any suggestions?

There is a record format for Ceiling Grid objects, so you can create your own schedule.

Go to Tools:Reports:Create Report and select Objects with Record Ceiling Grid.

If you don't like any of the fields available, click Remove to take them out of the right window.

In one of the header row cells enter the formula =CriteriaArea. This will get your the area of each ceiling grid object.

If you want to know what layer each is on, just enter =L in one of the header row cells.

If you want to sum by each layer, you can drag the SUM tile to the column header you want to SUM on. Or drag the Sort tiles to the row you want to sort by.

If you want separate schedules for each layer, click and hold in the header row label (i.e. 2) and then choose edit criteria from the contextual menu. Add an additional criteria of Layer is and the layer you want. Then copy and paste and edit the criteria for each layer.

Once you have the layout looking like you want, put a copy of the worksheet in a new blank file and save that file to your User Folder:Library:Application Support:Vectorworks:2009:Libraries:Defaults:Report~Schedules. The Ceiling Grid Schedule will then show up in the normal schedules list.