MY 11.5 not functioning correctly...Help

jeharch

I've been going along nicely with 11.5 untill I did a windows update.... grrrrr. Now I seem to be missing some vectorworks pop up windows such as "Model Setup" and "Document Setup". I hit the pull down and nothing. These aspects of VW are very important.

I've reloaded VW and the the VW updates. The pop ups work till I load the 11.5 update. I have to load it because the windows update will not let 11.01 function at all.

Can anyone help with this? I'm at a stand still!

Also how much has VW shanged since 11.5 and 2009? Worth the upgrade from 11?

John E

Yes I have Architect and Renderworks Version 11.

I've been using this version of VW for about 5 years so I know it quite well. Sounds like a long time on one version but it is a big investment. Those functions worked in update 11.01 but not in 11.5.

No one has come across this before?

jt

Those functions worked in update 11.01 but not in 11.5.

So are you saying they are in the menus but just not working?

Also how much has VW shanged since 11.5 and 2009?

Substantially. Vw 11.5 is five years old and the next version of Vectorworks will be Vw 15 (aka Vw 2010) which means Vw 11.5 is at around the 75% development point of Vw's history.

Worth the upgrade from 11?

Absolutely. The 2D and 3D improvements over the last couple of versions have been substantial and you would be much more productive with Vw 2009. The library content is also substantially better.

I had to fix some problems for a Vw 11.5 user recently and its only when you go back to using an older version that you realise and appreciate how much better the later versions are.

If you do decide to upgrade you should check that your existing computer is capable of running the current version: http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/344/Vectorworks+2009+System+Requirements

PS. If you provide details of your version, OS and computer in your signature or profile it will make it a little easier for people to help you.