2D wall graphic problem

is there an easy quick way to make the walls in a 2D construction drawing become solid black fill ? I frequently want to make a poster size graphic of floor plans for "non-construction" people, and want to hide the wall components. I know there is a preference for hiding the components when the scale is less than ___, but when you do this, the walls are always white fill. I want black fill to show up better.

Any suggestions are welcome.

In these situations which involve non-standard graphic representations for the purpose of convincing 'Laymen' that , in fact, they , too, are Architects simply lacking

the time to perform the mundane design functions... I use a modifiable Planset via WGR which provides more room to explore & experiment.

In the case of Walls it probably easiest to assign special Class > Fills & Texture attributes.

thanks for the response, but .....

I'm missing something ... I never use WGR, but if I did, won't the referenced file show up the same as the target file ? It seems to me what you're suggesting is to just make another file and change all the wall atttributes to what i wish .... but then, if I make changes, I'd have to change two files. I was hoping for an easier method ....

By using a Sheet Layer Viewport, you can over ride the display properties of all the walls and their component fill to black.

The reason to use DLVP's (aka WGR's) is that you can set up a stationary file with your settings and then simply change the reference everytime you produce a new plan.

Or at least that's how I'm decrypting the black box which is Islandmon's workflow.

I need more instruction ..... for a test, I made a component wall, then made a sheet layer viewport, then I found I could show/hide wall components in the SL viewport. However, I could not figure out how to make all the components be black fill in that particular viewport. Am I missing something ?

I'm trying ... no luck .... I picked the SL viewport, then picked 'classes' in the OIP. I picked each class (Wall-Component-Int/Ext/Structural) and put an 'X' in the 2nd visibility column from the left. Picking 'preview' it shows only the outer lines, with a solid white fill. Then I selected "Wall-Exterior" class and picked 'edit'. In the 'Edit Classes' dialog box I picked a solid fill color black (or any color), then clicked OK. The result is the same .... a wall with black outlines and a solid white fill color. What am I doing wrong ?

(I checked "advanced Properties" in the OIP for the Viewport, and if I do as listed above, I get the same result if "show wall components" is checked or not.)