View port class control

If I reference a design layer from another drawing into a design layer then view port the design layer into a sheet layer, is there a way to set the sheet layer viewport to be controlled by the current document class settings?

The referenced view port follows the document class settings but the sheet layer view ports do not. I usually like to control classes in each view port but sometimes I want to control classes globally.

I think I figured out that it cant be done but viewport control of classes is the way to go most of the time anyway. I am just experimenting with the options.

Another question I have is, how is the import class option supposed to work in the viewport class dialog? If I set a viewport to be controlled by the current document I need the class in the document. I thought the import class option would import a class from the file the VP references but it doesn't seem to do anything.

...Another question I have is, how is the import class option supposed to work in the viewport class dialog? If I set a viewport to be controlled by the current document I need the class in the document. I thought the import class option would import a class from the file the VP references but it doesn't seem to do anything.

If you are using referenced viewports, you need to make sure that two options are set in the DLVP class properties:

Make sure that class is updated from the reference source file - column 4 - the mountains in the picture frame.

AND

update from source file - column 5 - the curved arrow.

A couple of other things can upset this, but normally they are set by default so you do not need to fiddle with the other settings.

I am having a problem with the viewport class control just is not working. I did a sample set of files to check the settings I have them set up exactly the same way but I am unable to control classes by viewport.

what are the other things that can upset this? It works n other files just not this one.

Did you double check that the classes in question all have the "use at creation" box checked (in the class setup dialog)??

I did check that and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I think there is something corrupt in this set of files. I rebuilt the drawing and viewport structure from scratch and copied the drawing elements into the new files and everything worked fine. I ran into this before with this set of drawings and have no idea what is causing it.

Why would "use at creation" effect this? I know it effects things like using part line styles in windows but don;t understand why it would.