Elevations

Here is something I designed and built.

When I drew this, I just used the line and dimension tool to create the final drawing.

I would like to be able to draw a wall, insert a french door w/transom and have a cabinet similar to this and crown moulding.

What is the best way to draw this cabinet so I can view it in 3d?

Modeling the wall/cabinet/shelves in the picture you posted is fairly easy in Vectorworks, although there is probably more than one way to do it.

Walls: are very easily drawn/modeled using the "Wall Tool". This will give you both the plan view and any 3d views you might want. In VW's walls have height ( "Z" ) in addition to the other two dimensions ( x and y).

Lower Cabinet Boxes: can be modeled using the "Base Cabinet" plugin, although for anything not rectangular you will need to model the pieces (or at least some of them) from scratch.

Also check out the "Shelving Unit" and "Wall Cabinet" plugins...

Modeling 3d elements is really quite easy, once you know a few basic things. I would recommend experimenting first with "Extrudes", and "Floors" (which can be used for many other things besides just floors, like shelves for example, and can be set to have a solid fill in Top/Plan view, unlike extrudes which lose their fill).

Remember to work in top/plan view AND in one or more of the Side Views to check and reposition objects. For example: start in left view and draw the profile of a side of a cabinet (or shelf unit), then extrude the form to its thickness, then switch to top/plan view and drag (or move) the object to its proper location.

I also think it would quite helpful for you to get some sort of training, either by book or in person. A little time invested in training will go a long way to speed you on your way to becoming more proficient with the program...