Non plotable class

HOUCAD

why visible, but not printing?

I have always used a non plottable layer in AutoCAD for laying out geometry and we use a set detail module layout for our sheet layers in Vectorworks. People forget to turn off the guides before printing all the time. In AutoCAD you can set any layer to not print. I guess what I need to do is make a script to turn off the guides class then print.

David,

Non-plotable layers are one of Autocad's features which simply doesn't make sense in VW. As Jonathan already pointed out, you can just show your 'guides' class in your design layer and and turn it off in your sheet layers.

ariel

The problem is that my guides are in my border which is a separate drawing file that I reference into other files. I am only able to control the appearance of any class from the design layer when using a referenced design layer from another drawing.

I don't want to insert the detail modules into every sheet because I am still developing the plan set and I have had to change the layout a few times. Controlling classes with viewport settings only seems to work through one level unless I am missing something.

I do have my guides on a separate layer in my border file. I can control the classes from the sheet layer if I set the viewport to current drawing but then I need all the classes from the other drawings in this file. I am trying to limit the number of classes needed in a drawing and separate presentation from working drawing classes. My sheet drawings mostly have just annotation classes.

This is a large set of drawings and this is the first time this office has used the AIA-NCA standard classes/layers. Everyone freaks out when they see something different so I am trying to make it as streamlined as possible.

I just have to make sure the guides class is turned off through the layer reference.

Edited by HOUCAD