2009 Remarkably weak version?

Is it just me or has VW2009 become bloatware? For all the new bells and whistles, it is the most disappointing debut since I started with Minicad 5.

The import of more than one dwg crashes. Open the limit eighth drawing and crash. Open a VW 2008 drawing and crash. Open VW12 one one machine and the network closes VW2009 !!

Drawings are slower to open, slower to update when views change, slower renderworks.

not much bang for the buck.

Mark, I don't know what the issue is at your end because I can do all of the things you have listed and not have those problems:

- I regularly import multiple DWG files (I've even done 30-40 product info files at a time).

- I often have 8 drawings open.

- I often have multiple versions open (they need to be separate license number versions though).

- My drawings aren't slower to open or update, and Renderworks is noticeably quicker in Vw 2009.

Its more likely that your problem is hardware and/or network related. Vw 2009 does work better with newer computers because they provide more grunt and perhaps you should compare what you have with NNA's recommendations:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=118984

Look at the fourth post down by Pharr.

Edited by mike m oz

Hi Mark .. we've all had your experience with different programs over the years.

Part of the challenge is to upgrade consistently .. both the hard & soft of it.

Needless to say there is no comfort-zone on the bleeding edge ...

sometimes beginning at the basics and then working to the more complex helps to isolate the incongruities of the particular situation.

I'm running Mac Pro Dual-Core Intel Xeon 3 GHz with 9g ram and ATI Radeon X1900 XT. What pisses me off even more is that for 20 years I've never had a problem with VW and support and when I tried to debunk some of this with tech support a few weeks back the guy blew me off... literally did not reply, or return phone calls. Brave new blood world, thank you.