Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Script to create a saved view?

MaxStudio

I created a script that creates a list of layers. is it possible to also have this script create a list of saved views?

I've given each layer a handle. If I knew how to create a saved view i could possibly use the handle to set the visibility of the layers. I just dont know if it is possible to create a saved view using a script...

The VSave and SaveSheet commands will allow you to save the current view. The VRestore will recall a view that you know the name of and VDelete will delete a view.

Saved views are vectorscripts.

You can use some variation of the following to get the handle and name of veiws saved in the Saved Views folder/menu item/whatever

Message(getname(Fin3D(GetObject('Saved Views'))));

And before you ask, I figured out that Fin3D gets the script by trial and error.

Wonderful I'm on the road to success!

So far I have the script doing the following

-User enters a string to name the layers

-Creates a list of Layers

-Sets the Scale of Each Layer

-Sets the Visibility of The Layers that were created

-Saves the View

Now I need to figure out a way to set all layers in the active document to "Hidden" That way, when I run the script a second or third time i can hide all layers in the active document and start fresh. Any ideas?