How to dimension a curved wall

I am working on a project where I am building this display. It is essentially 3x48" wall pannels that are 2" thick that bold together. However then the whole thing would have been curved after bolted together to give it some stability. Now I am looking at this in a viewport on a a sheet layer trying to figure out the best approach to dimensioning it. I want to show the circumfrunce of the curve. I also have holes in the pannels. I want to dimesnion all the different holes. So what I am thinking is I can dimension the up down of the holed in the front view. The left right I need to take 3 or 4 different cut aways of it and look down from the top view and dimension the holes. How could I do a cutaway? The things are currently meshes because I used a different program to render it.

I will attach a picture to help illustrate what I am saying.

Matt

In a plan view, trace the surface to be dimensioned with an arc (red in attched example), copy the arc length from the OIP, convert the arc to a dimension (use the line style that looks like "---XX---"), move the radial dimension off the object as appropriate, uncheck "Show Dimension Value", paste into the "Leader" field the arc length copied previously, add witness lines, done.

In the attributes pallet, the part where you can set a line's thickness or dash style. Between those two is a "---XX---" line style. With a line or arc selected, selecting that line style will change the object into a dimension. An arc so converted has the angle as the reported value.

I think Ray was really itching to ask for your computer specs, but was flummoxed that you already included them in your sig. :)~

Ahh thanks, I was looking in my modify convert to and then I just thought you were saying to convert the look of the dimension to that. I wouldn't have thought by changing an appearance of a arc I am converting it to a dimension. Kinda cool.

And I think I am going to start making up stats in my signature just to have a little personal fun.

Cool to learn though.