Turning off an Objects Cast Shadows

Ray,

I did do this, but still no luck. Let me break it down to help. I have a soundstage with sets and lights and what not all around. To speed up the renderings I am making for WIP showings, but still have depth, I through in a couple of Directional Lights. I just added the permanent grid above everything to represent the ceiling height, but I get an awful shadow of the grid across everything. So I created a new Texture with no attributes other than Object Attribute for Color, and I unchecked Cast Shadow. I applied the texture to the grid and I still see a shadow in Final Renderworks.

Not the case here. The grid was made by drawing a vertical rectangle at about 6in X 80feet and duplicate array about 30 times. Then I did the same going horizontal. All the rectangles had a brown fill and black outline. I then selected all the rectangles and used Add Surface to weld them all together. Next, I extruded the object 6 inches. I now have my grid which looks like 6"x6" beams making the grid. The attribute is still brown fill and black outline. Then I made a new Renderworks Texture, and the only thing I did was uncheck Cast Shadows. I applied the texture to the 3D grid, just as I have applied other textures to other 3D objects, but it still cast shadows. Could it be that Directional lights do not obey shadow attributes the way other lights do?