Visibility of viewport Patterns

jfmarch

I am using VW 2008 with a file started under VW 12. I have a sheet layer that has a viewport referencing a design layer with a viewport. Some of the walls on the design viewport have patterns that I don't want to see on the sheet layer. I have editted the class settings in the viewport and the patterns are now gone. But when I then go to my sheet layer, the patterns remain visible. What am I doing wrong? Any tips would be apprecaited...

Without seeing how you have set things up, It sounds like you need to set the class visibilities in the DLVP of the referenced file so that it use the class visibilities of the referenced file rather than the viewport - 'definition override' - column 4 of the viewport class properties of the DLVP.

This will then 'import' the classes from the referenced file into the main file which then allows control over the visibilities of the referenced classes in the SLVP.