Viewport annotations

paulg

When you double click on a viewport in a sheet layer and edit annotations all the other viewports in the sheet layer disappear. This is very annoying when you need to look at the other viewports when adding dims or text.

Does anyone out there know if there is a tick box somewhere to leave the viewports visible.

thanks

paul

p.s I'm using architect 2009 and this never happened in 2008.

Edited by paulg

Vectorworks Preferences

Display Pane

Show Other Objects while in editing modes.

If this is selected, you will see other objects while in groups, see other viewports while editing annotations and be able to edit a symbol in place.

If it is not, other object will hide while you are editing a group, symbols will be isolated while editing and you will not be able to see other object while editing viewport annotations.

Pat

Thanks Pat

I like the fact that you can grey other objects when editing groups, it really helps see things more clearly when working in design layers. But you have to turn off 'Grey other objects' to make other viewports visible when editing a viewports annotations/crop in a sheet layer. If not the text is there but the design layers disappear.

Do i have to keep toggling between the setting or is there a short cut to turn 'grey other objects' on and off?

Can't the actual design layer in the viewport be greyed rather than disappear.

Edited by paulg