window + class + wall

bonus

Some windows suddenly turn up as just "window" in OIP.

They are not rendered properly in 3D and seem to have fallen out of the wall.

I know I can pick them out and set them back again - but that's not the real problem.

First of all I wonder why they suddenly just pop out, then the real problem is the class visbility, because:

Remaining windows turn up as "window in wall" in OIP and render allright. But these windows/i/w (with assigned class) will not show on screen if class is set to active only.

Meaning that if a window or a door is inserted in a wall the view by class does not work.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Help appreciated.

There is no bug that I am aware of that causes symbols/windows/doors to pop out of walls. It is probably an OPR8R error ;-)

Could you have had them selected and accidentally moved them? What about Duplicating them. That would give you a windows on top of the Window in the Wall.

Many of the components in Door and Window object are already classed. That means that they will not show up if you use Active Only. Since they have parts in Ceiling-Main, Sill, and None (and probably others), when you give the overall object a class and go to active only, the contained objects will not be seen.

Pat