Fit walls to roof and Revert

CS1

Question

I would like it if after a wall has been "fit to roof" if it could be undone.

Or if aftr a wall has ben "fit to roof" the lower hieght and upper height were displayed in the OIP so at least it could be manually reverted.

What are people doing at the moment?

As far as I can see the two options are: redraw the walls or manually select each wall and use the 3D locis to drag the points down. (great for large plans)

6 answers to this question

I was thinking more along the lines of a mono-pitch roof, this happens to be the case for the job I am working on at the moment. I have "fitted" the walls to the mono-pitch roof but now going to be using flat ceiling so I need all my walls back at one stud height. Dont know of a quick way to do this.

FWIW, one note of caution: although the method Pat describes works fine (I use it often), there is one small flaw in it. It will leave all vertices which were added during the "fit to" process in place (all lined up horizontally). This might create problems later. To remove them simply double click on the wall which will give you the "3d reshape" cursor, then select the "-" sign mode and click on each unwanted/unneeded vertex. You can also use 3d reshape to fit (or unfit) walls that don't behave well using "fit walls to roof" (although I haven't seen one really misbehave in a while). P