Refference changes ??

Yesterday was a normal day of drafting in my office and it included creating new references in drawings. Today when I tried to create a reference I got a pop up window giving me never before seen information about the resource browser and if I wanted to work like normal I could change the settings.

What has happened since yesterday? This is on every computer in our office. I didn't update any software. How is this possible?

Why did this happen, and why won't it remember that I changed my "settings"

I attached a jpeg of mystery pop up

-Mickey

Edited by Mickey
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You are getting that dialog because the active file is set to use DLVP as the referencing system and you are trying to create a reference via the references tab. If you want to use DLVPs as the referencing system, you should create a viewport, otherwise, on the references tab of the organization dialog, click the Settings... button to switch to Layer Import (AKA old style referencing) system.

> Why won't it remember that I changed my "settings"?

Because the setting is file based. If you want it off in all your new files, you should create a template file.

You are getting that dialog because the active file is set to use DLVP as the referencing system and you are trying to create a reference via the references tab.

I don't even know what that is.

And all the computers in our office are doing it now. What would cause the change? We don't work off a common template, we all have our own individual templates or start with a blank new drawing. How did it get changed?