3D fillets between two extruded solids

New here, so would appreciate some advice that would allow me to create a fillet between the blue spokes and the external hoop, both of which are extruded objects. I've selected a fillet radius that does not extend the fillet beyond the surface of the hoop, yet I'm still getting the message "Try changing the radius or turning on the select tangent entities option"

Centralizer.jpg

I have done filleting before with similar 3D extrusions, but have little or no experience with NURBS or lofts, which may be the route needed to perform the operation I require.

Thanks,

Lee

Try create>Symbol> a single BlueSpoke>edit Symbol>

now create a vertical arc segment NURBS for the inner & one for the outer.

the segment arc LWH should be just sufficient to allow for the fillet radius required by the procedure ( you may need to experiment to find the minimum ).

Once completed select> the BlueSpokeSymbol > dup&rotate around the central axis.

This limited procedure simplifies the editing within the Symbol container and also greatly simplifies the fillet procedure parameters ... thus reducing & isolating errors.

Finally got it to work after Adding Solids, but for some reason on my previous attempts going this route, it just wouldn't work. I re-created everything and tried again and it worked on five of six spokes (why not the last?) that had been created with Duplicate Array. Third time was a charm.

CanberraNacelleParts3D.jpg

Here it is; overlaying a compressor face.

Thanks for the really useful advice!

Lee