Plant Symbols in VW 2008

I am working on a Mac PowerBook, using OS 10.4.11, with VW 2008 Designer (Educational Version)

I just upgraded to VW 2008 from VW 12.5.3. I was surprised to see that there are only 5 generic plant symbols offered in 2008, whereas there may have been 25 symbols offered in VW 12. Why is this?

Is there a way to increase the number of plant symbols in 2008 without creating them all oneself?

Marc

Options:

a) Create a template file which already contains them as symbols.

b) Move the Plant Objects file into the Plants folder inside the Defaults folder in the Libraries folder, and have Default Content enabled.

Managing the content of the Defaults folder in the Libraries folder allows you to determine what content you want to see. It is effective and efficient.

I would suggest making the file (or your plant library file) a favorite in the resource browser. To place a plant double click on the icon in the resource browser. This will make the Place Plant tool active with the plant definition you double clicked current.

I used to do the default content thing but switched to this method in VW 2008 and prefer it.

Plant definitions in the current document can still be accessed from the pull down list or the tool settings button in the mode bar.