Model Setup Bedlam

I've recently run the model setup on an existing file trying to setup a mixed use six story (5floors +roof) building. I had three-four design layers setup for preliminary schematics and wanted to convert the preliminary file to a proper drawing set. After going through the setup procedure I find myself with 31 (!) design layers, some labeled with the mod- prefix and others labeled with the, design layer #, prefix.

The floor heights were adjusted to suit the software and resist correction presumably because the: floor heights change frequently, (due to use and structure) and ceiling heights vary for the same reasons. This is a tower of babel, as far as I'm concerned. Is there some way to delete the unneeded layers and establish only the floor heights in order to rough out a model for design studies and set ceiling heights, slab depth and foundation details, at a latter date?

Yeah, just delete the layers you don't need.

I generally don't use the model set-up tool, I just create

and define my layers manually.

Usually just one layer per floor level, then in the layer properties set its 'Z' height and 'Delta Z' (which I use floor-to-floor height) Then use the floor thickness to give the ceiling height for the floor level below, or just create a ceiling object of its own.

Then just draw away, linking wall height to 'layer delta Z' for full-height walls so they can be quickly changed if needed.