sectional perspective

It is the same in VWks 12 as it is in my description above using VWks 2008.

Summary:

1. Select: View > Create Section Viewport

2. Draw section line across your model, indicate direction, double click to finish.

3. Assign it to the sheet you want, scale, etc. Hit OK.

4. Select the section viewport that you just created.

5. In the Object Info Palette, change "projection" from "Orthogonal" to "Perspective." Set "perspective type" to "Normal."

6. Hit UPDATE.

7. Now you have your section perspective and can change the way it looks using the settings in the Object info Palette or changing the location of the section line as shown in the image in my previous post.

What issues are you having?

the Object Info Palette does not have the "projection" option in it. I have the educational version...does this change things?

My Object Info Palette lists layer options, class options, scale, rendering options, render settings, lighting options, advanced properties, reverse section side, and section line instances.

I just checked VW12. Both the Section Viewport and Viewport objects do have Projection. I should be right below Render Settings.

I don't think there is a difference between the regular and educational versions.

Try a new, blank document. Put in a door or windown and cust a section. Does perspective show in the OIP then?

What workspace are you using? Is Perspective one of the options in the View menu?

Pat

I have the projection option in the viewport, but not the section viewport. I do have perspective in the drop down view menu, but when I have the section viewport selected, all the options are grayed out. Same with layer options, standard views, projection and perspective.

I tried opening a blank doc and giving it a try, but there was no difference.

I am working in the architect workspace. I tried other workspaces and I didn't notice a difference in the projection options.

I have a friend with a copy of VW12 from when she worked at a firm, and she can't create section perspectives either.

Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your responses.