title block with stamps

Dieter,

If I understand correctly, your problem appears to be rooted in a PIO (time stamp) placed inside a symbol definition (custom titleblock) that is used by another PIO (drawing border). When the Drawing Border PIO is used on a Sheet Layer, the embedded custom time stamp PIO (or any other PIO) is duplicated automatically inside the Custom Titleblock, with the duplicate showing up at the insertion point (0,0) of the custom title block symbol.

This hierarchical structure of a PIO inside another PIO IS NOT currently supported. A PIO inside another PIO is a workflow that we probably need to consider more closely, given appropriate use cases. Your example is interesting and relatively simple, but I wonder if it is a compelling user case with broad-based user implications.

Go ahead and submit a bug. This will put the issue in front of the engineers to consider.

In the meantime, the standard workflow is to place the timestamp on the drawing as a separate instance from the Drawing Border.

• 2 months later...

Does this script you made update the date automatically each time you print or do you still have to do it manually?

If you've created a script which automatically updates would you mind sharing that? I've been trying to accomplish this for some time without success...

Thanks so much!

I will clean up my script and put it on this forum because it's something really usefull. You'll have to run the command to update all titleblocks. So you'll have to remember it before printing if this is what you say by manually. The positive side is that you'll only have to use the command and all will be updated, so no need to update each titleblock manually typing the values! It's not possible to update automaticly and print in 1 command. This was discussed many times.

• 4 months later...