Name Change Questions

I am working on a Mac PowerBook, using OS 10.4.11, with VW Designer (Educational Version) 12.5.1.

I cannot see how to change the names of things in two cases.

1) Symbols. I created a new Custom Title Block, which I believe is a symbol. Now that I have this nice new title block, I want to put a more appropriate name on it. Can a symbol's name be modified?

2) Viewports. I have made several viewports. Unlike Layers and Classes, I cannot see how to change the name of an existing viewport. Is it possible?

Marc

1. In the Object Info Palette (OIP), select the symbol and either right click (if you have a two button mouse), or hold down the control key and click (if you have a Mac single button mouse). This will bring up the contextual menu. One of the choices is to Rename the symbol.

2. All objects are named/renamed in the top box of the Data pane of the OIP.

Pat

Thanks for your help Pat.

1) I think, if I am not mistaken, that I need to select the Symbol and right click it in the Resource Browser, not the Object Information Palette (at least I couldn't find any way to access the symbol in the OIP but I did in the Resource Browser). In any case, you put me on the right track and I was able to change the symbol name.

2) I was able to rename the Viewport in the OIP Data Pane.

Thank you.

Marc