Label Legend Problem

hello michael; if you are not using the small hex as a container for other fields in the label legend, **i think** you can edit and change the shape of the symbol called "hexagon" in the container folder listed in the resource browser. i have re-edited the "circle" so that it is large enough to not be obliterated by text, so **i'm presuming** that the label legend only references to the container title, not the actual shape. good luck, hth, shelley

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Was this file transalted from V12? There were some transaltion problems in the original release of 2008 that may have caused this problem. Your best option is to recreate the LL or reopen the V12 file with the current version of 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is doing almost the exact same thing- except that when I tried to delete the "rectangle" symbol that it kept insisting it use for my circuit name category, it magically reappeared in the file.

The temporary solution I have come up with is to edit the "rectangle" symbol it insists on using by copying and pasting the symbol I want to use in there and deleting the rectangle drawn in there by default.

About the translation problem from v12- the file I am using was entirely created in VW2008, including the label legend that causes the problem (all of them do it though), so I doubt this is happening because of translation from v12.

P.S. Hey Michael Salvas long time no see!

Michael Broughton

Master Electrician

Merry Go Round Playhouse

VW2008 SP1

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.2

Edited by Michael Broughton