Problem with Hidden Line rendering

cwailes

These sorts of missing lines are fairly common in Hidden Line rendering. It has to do with co-linear surfaces and many other things. Although the program is a lot better than it used to be in this regard, there are still occasions where missing lines are a problem. In my experience the easiest and fastest way to fix this is to simply draw the missing lines. If you're in a VP this is really easy: just double click and choose "edit annotations". Add the line work, and exit. Done. If you're rendering on design layers then you might consider placing the added linework into it's own class. That way it can be made visible or invisible as desired for different views. HTH's...

• 6 years later...

I had a hidden line render problem that I solved. I was drawing a balcony and I had a lot of spindles arrayed along a path. I forgot to delete the path and when I rendered the view in hidden line I had a mysterious line appear on the exterior wall. I gave up on trying to find the cause and deleted the line in Illustrator.

After much frustration I later discovered that it was a path line showing up where it shouldn't. If you do not delete your path line after making an array (in this case a nurbs curve) it can give problems when rendering the view in hidden line render mode.