External cell reference...

Gytis

I don't know what I am doing incorrectly, but I cannot make an external call reference from a spreadsheet row in one worksheet to a database cell in a second worksheet. Both are in the same drawing/file, and I have followed the manual directions(I think...), as shown in grab. I am trying to reference the contents of cell E13 in Worksheet 'Fronts'.

What you are doing looks correct from your image.

I just tried a simple example and found that the WSName:CellRef seems to work just fine. You might want to create a new file with two simple worksheets and see if you can make any reference work there.

My guess is that you might have a space either at the beginning or the end of the Fronts name.

Pat

Wow, Pat. You are the man! A space in front of "Fronts" was the wrench in the works.

Thanks...you have ended a debilitating bout of intense confusion.

How about this: how do you reference a database sub-row cell, e.g. B3.2? Seems to just read formula as text. I've played with various operators to no avail and can't find instructions....