plug-ins installed - manual mapping required?

Brooke

VectorScript editor confirms that plug-ins I have added are being installed but I am unsure of how to access them. Do I have to map them to the workspace for access and/or is this generally done automatically as a part of the script?

The icons presumably distinguish among the types of plug-ins in the editor(Help says "The three types of plug-ins ? menu commands (.vsm), tools (.vst), and objects (.vso) ? allow scripts to integrate into both workspace menus and tool palettes, as well as other VectorWorks features such as the Resource Browser.")

Tips appreciated.

VW recursively scans for all the available Plug-ins, but only Loads those selectively installed via the Workspace Editor and linked with each specific active Workspace.

This allows for minimal conformation of Menu-Tool-Object Plug-ins necessary to suit any given project. A worthy concept, but in practice I suspect that most Power Users just load everything onetime and manipulate them via the various Tool Palettes.

Thanks, mon. And the easiest (or only?) way to load one time is to map them to the workspace (which looks like a mouthful, given the vast nested hierarchies and choices)?

Is there a quick way to get them into the workspace?

When you say manipulate them via the tool palettes you mean invoke them there, rather than configure them? Does the real configuration, the placement of the plug-in in the particular tool palette, for instance, have to be accomplished in the workspace editor?

VW recursively scans for all the available Plug-ins, but only Loads those selectively installed via the Workspace Editor and linked with each specific active Workspace.

This allows for minimal conformation of Menu-Tool-Object Plug-ins necessary to suit any given project. A worthy concept, but in practice I suspect that most Power Users just load everything onetime and manipulate them via the various Tool Palettes.

Edited by Brooke

Yep .. using the Workspace Editor as a portal to config the various existing WorkSpace palettes and to create new palettes for specific purposes. For example, placing authored Tools into each individual authors own palette. Or all Roadway Tools into a separate Roadway palette. Rendering Tools into a Rendering palette.

There's no law that says duplicate Tools can't occupy multiple palettes & menus.

Mix & match ... depending on your particular style of work .