unstable log-in

bonus

Katie,

I've dropped my browser drawers and have exposed myself for any cookies out there and this forum still makes me log-in twice before it recognizes me. Kind of creeps me out...cause I'm thinkin' it doesn't believe its really me...you know.

I've even stripped my cookies but no luck. When I used to log-in I got a "dude...waaasuup" now its a "for real...bust out-jack...do-over homey"

Pete A.

Does it keep you logged in at least?

What browser (and version) are you using?

Are you accessing the forum using a homepage setting, or a favorite link?

(I have this problem with hotmail, but it's because of a cache issue with hotmail loading as a homepage tab in Mozilla)

Pete

That's interesting - I hadn't noticed until I read your post that I have to log-in twice these days as well. I think it dated from the techboard revamp. I also get a "re-directing, click here to continue" notice when I first click on the page in my Bookmarks - if I ignore it, it connects me anyway.

Then it's OK, I don't get bumped off from then on.

Katie,

Explorer 7

XP SP2

At least the system keeps me logged in....but I usually just do a drive-by...cap a couple of threads and sgid-out...yaunderstand. So I don't keep the forum open for very long.

I've accessed it in several ways to see if there was a better entry and it does not matter whether I enter through a favorite right into the login window or through the VW main site...The man is keepin' me down...digital suppression...revolt dude!

I even dissed my cookie bros and slipped jack to my history sisa's.

Either way I'm beat down and dog fed with the man makin' me ask twice to come in.

Pete A.

Katie,

Katie,

Yamacdiddy right...no stressin here...I'm on light duty.

Fired the fox years ago...to many programs besides explorer is so integral to windows the fox can't fit in there.

Same with mozilla or godzilla or whatever.

It just does not make any sense that the first attempt to login brings you to the forum without executing the login procedure. It's on the UBB.thread end and not my cookie end... because on the second attempt the login execution is succesfull. So if it were a cookie issue or security level issue it would not be succesful on the second attempt.

Besides....I used to keep my iexplorer at the rubber glove body cavity search security mode where you had to go through the TSA, FEMA, CIA, ATF and Army National Guard to get to Betty who pushed the button to give the OK for the Russian Navy to allow access to my browser....talk about cyber stress.

Now-a-days I've simply transmorgrified my cybernetic alter self back to life in the 60's where harmony exists in a sureal chemicaly induced state of euphoric brotherly unprotected love and happiness with freedom to just be me.

Dr. Spock smoked the dubie.

I'm happy with let'n the technocodecrunchers figure this one out.

Until then Until then I'll get used to login' in twice login' in twice.

Pete A.

Pete A.