VW2008 Warning

We've just installed VW2008 so are just getting to know it and have noticed that sometimes when i open an old file (V12.5)it says the folliwng:

"One or more referenced files are not in the format used by the application version that you are running, so they cannot be updated. Use the Open command in the File menu to Open and the Re-save those files"

you can then click OK and the file opens.

We are just concerned that this may be problematic later?

thanks

you can then click OK and the file opens.

thanks

lucylou

Is the file that opens the one you initially tried to open that had others referenced? If so are the references still present. I'm assuming that VW wants to convert & save a new copy of the old file and needs to do the same with the referenced files.

George

oh i see, yes i have a wc and a sink symbol that i have put into my drawing from the Furniture Knoll sampler. it is saying it is in .mcd format and needs updating. does that mean i have to open all my sampler files and re-save them?

(VW in process of crashing for 2nd time since upgrading - not a good start!)

None of the resource names are in italic.

If you want to delete a resource from the drawing / file how do you do it? You can select and delete it from the drawing but it remains in the resource browser for that drawing / file.

Concerned that when we delete 12.5 from the programme file 12.5 files / drawings will not have the objects / resources when opened and saved in 2008?

Ok you can replace them with 2008 objects / symbols / resources but how do you know what has gone and we do not want to open hundreds of files adding 2008 symbols, textures, etc?