Can't Cut Sections

willofmaine

Hi,

I have a file in which I can't update the viewports.

Previously (at 101 MB file size) I had no problem cutting the sections to generate a permit set.

Now (at 107 MB file size) I can't seem to cut sections. I get the endless spinning color wheel, and, a couple of times, a message that "One or more operations could not be completed due to lack of memory."

Even worse, when I go back to the older file where I'd successfully cut sections before, that file won't work now, either.

It doesn't seem to make a difference whether or not I have any other software running. I've shut down as many widgets as it seems OS X will let me in an effort to eliminate a 'memory leak.'

Files for other projects, albeit significantly smaller files, still seem to work okay.

Problems with cutting sections has been persistent for me. I'm using a top of the line Mac and do my best with maintenance, updates, permissions and so on. It's starting to get very frustrating.

Has anyone had similar experiences and/or does anyone have any advice???

THANKS!!!!!!!! -Will

Max Pro 2.66 GHz; 1 GB RAM; OS X 10.4.10; VW 12.5.2-71041; Architect +RenderWorks