other dealers?

ANAarch

I upgraded to each version since 8.xx I do not jump on the first shipping date, but my purchase is usually within 3 months of the release. I get maybe one or two calls from the sales staff for each new version, and the upsell (I stay at Foundations or Landmark plus RW) for full designer license is soft. It's more of a conversation about my needs than a sell.

Also, I attended a great, free presentation/demo by VW staff of Version 12. It was one stop of many cities they visited with the show and it obviously represented a lot of prep within the company, prior to the road show. This was a sales event, and a great opportunity to meet some of the folks from the company and see their passion for the product.

What sales aggravations are you experiencing?

-B

Should have added, What aggravating sales tactics are you talking about?

We've been using VW since 8.5, and have never had anything but prompt, courteous, professional service from our account rep. Hell, we typically don't upgrade until the x.5 version comes out, and other than receiving new version announcements by snail- and e-mail, sales doesn't contact us.

A misunderstanding. No problem with them calling me unwanted. They've called, but not often, no pressure. That's fine. Good business practice. When I said obnoxious I was reacting to what you said about the flood of calls and spam from the other dealers.

My problem with the in house sales is I was trying to buy an upgrade for over two weeks and couldn't do it. I just needed to know how much money do you want and who do I give it to. I thought it would be easy, but instead it felt like I got a run-around, or like there's a complicated system and a guy who just wants to buy an upgrade quick can't do it.

The usual problem is easy to buy it but hard to get support. This company's just the opposite. Great product and support, but hard to buy. That's good, but a little frustrating right now.

Sorry for the harsh tone before. Many thanks for all the kind offers of help, in private messages too. I've found a workaround.