Window Openings Dotted

Hi

I do my drawings in full 3D and from it I generate my elevations via viewports. However I can't seem to get something to show correctly in elevation.

Here in South Africa we draw a 'dotted line' showing which section of the window is openable and 'nothing' to show it's fixed.

I draw a 3D polygon in it's own class in the symbol of the 3D window and assign a dash pen attribute to that class. When rendered hidden line in the viewport however, it renders solid.

How can I get this polygon to render dashed in elevation in the viewport.

Thanks,

th.f1a9747abb.jpg

This is what I want to get. I don't use the window and door tools because firstly it's based on american standards and secondly I use custom style windows and doors so each one has to be modelled and converted to a symbol.

In any case I've tried the 'Show 3D Hinge Direction' and it shows correctly in wireframe but not when 'Hidden Line' rendered. It disappears. Also when I ungrouped the window plug-in, I found it was made of 6 seperate 3D polygons.

So I don't know how to get VW to draw this for me. Is this a limitation of VW?

Thanks,

Hi Mr. Anderson.

I tried what you said and it still disappears. So I decided to put a new window in a default sheet and I got the lines to render dotted. However when I cut this window and pasted it into my drawing it disappeared again. I deleted all layers and classes and the only object left in the drawing was the window and it still disappeared. I don't know what's going on.

Anyway this doesn't help me for my custom windows. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks, Jershaun