in search of fluorescent orange

greetings; i find myself, for the first time, trying to create a color. speficially, a fluorescent orange. since i don't own a color printer this is new turf for me. i've looked through the fundamentals book and played with the menus, but i need help. is there a location to see alternative color palettes rather than the default shown in the vw12 document? or is there a number i should be typing in somewhere? thanks in advance for any assistance, steve shelley.

You can edit one of the colors that's on your color palette, using the pull-down menu command Set Attribute Defaults > Color palette...

Just select one of the squares and click on "Pick Color".

It also gives you an option to import a color palette from another drawing file.

The coordination of screen colors to printers, and particularly to different brands and models, is the hard part. You have to print and adjust, iteratively. Sometimes the color that prints right looks completely wrong on screen.

I think I remember some people having posted color charts to share on one of the non-official sites, but I don't know offhand which one.

It always seemed to me that it's easy to get a day-glo look on the screen, in fact hard to get anything else. Full chroma and a medium or bright value, depending on the hue. But getting it on a print must have a lot to do with the paper and the ink. I've never tried. I vaguely remember seeing a set of color ink cartridges somewhere that were supposed to be for day-glo colors.