working with complex roofs

I am working on a residential house with a somewhat complex roof. I have completed the main part of the roof using the creat roof from polygon tool- Simple enough. I am trying to add a new roof over a porch which will be supoorted by columns (just 1 of many other roof systems to be added)- It will a gable end and I was wandering if I need to cut part of the main roof inorder for this new roof to fit snug- I tried drawing as one roof but kept getting an error indicating the roof was too complex. ANy thoughts on what the best approach is to creating roofs like this

Edited by amacbabe

It is surprising you got the 'complex' message, is the porch roof at other than 90??

In addition to going straight to Roof Face as DWorks says, you can first treat the porch roof as a roof on its own - same parameters as the main, then gable both ends (untick gable walls in the OIP), and ungroup. You then have 2 roof faces which you can edit to meet the main roof. Other wings or extensions either hipped or gabled can be done the same way.