Online software activation etc.

Carl Newton

Question

Hi to all

There are 2 things I really hate about VWA and I wish Nemetschek would change them. The dongle and a single user/machine licence!

Most High-end software is now activated online thus making the dongle redundant. It is an infuriating piece of kit which should be regulated to the bin!

As for the single licence, It heavily restricts my work and activities. I am a single, self employed designer, just think haw good it wood be to have a complex rendering taking place at your office on your desktop and also having the ability to visit a new client or undertake work off site which you currently cant do, without dramatically increasing the cost beyond small studios.

If Adobe and most other software manufactures can do this so can Nemetschek and by doing so it would dramatically improve VWA appeal and hopefully stop designers moving to other packages.

Please Nemetschek grant my wish and include this in your next update

Regards

Carl

3 answers to this question

Most High-end software is now activated online thus making the dongle redundant.

So what happens if you don't have an internet connection. Even worse, what happens?years down the track?if for whatever reason NNA's activation servers are no longer online? Your software is redundant. I don't like dongles either. My preference would be for what they do in the States: no activation or dongle.

With a network activation, in most software, you are still unable to run the software on two separate computers simultaneously.

The majority of all software out there requires license purchases per machine.

Most of the pro software I have you are able/licensed to download it to 2 machines and use it at the same time i.e. Adobe / Macromedia and even Maxons Cinema 4d a Nemetschek product allows me to use it on different machines and it also has no dongle?

I am just saying it wood be good if Nemetschek could look at this issue because its product in my view that does not meet the way most small practises work from an office, on site and also produces large hires 3d animations and images thus tying up a machine and the software rendering me unable to continue to work. Macromedia had quite a good licensing system pre Adobe take-over or why cant they follow Maxon and the way they license there software.